Exhibition Entry Form
Llanelli Art Society. Cymdeithas Gelf Llanelli.
Athenaeum Hall, Llanelli Library: 10th - 23rd August
Submission of entry forms. Monday, 22nd July: Entries received after the deadline of 5.00 pm will not be accepted.
Paintings are to be submitted Monday, 5th August: Submission is between 11.00 am and 2.00 pm only.
& exhibition entry fees paid. Large paintings are to be submitted as early as possible.
Judging, between Tuesday 6th & Friday 9th August
Exhibition opening. Saturday, 10th August: The official opening is at 11.00 am.
Exhibition closing. Friday, 23rd August: Official closure at 3.00 pm.
Paintings to be collected. Saturday, 24th August: Collection between 10.00 am and 12 noon only.
Please note that the paintings are to be submitted on Monday 5th August
The main points in summary are:-
1) A member may exhibit a maximum of three original artworks. A shortage of hanging space may result in large artworks being excluded. Information regarding Copyright is available on the “Gallery” page of the society website.
2) The hanging fee per artwork is £5.00 if the artwork is “For sale” or £7.50 if it is “Not for sale.” The entry fee is payable - cash or cheque - upon submission and acceptance of the paintings on the "handing-in day" Monday, 5th August.
3) As detailed below, All exhibits must be labelled and prepared for hanging. Artworks submitted for the exhibition will be inspected before acceptance. Any that fail to meet the hanging criteria detailed below may be rejected.
4) Members exhibiting are expected to steward the exhibition. A rota will be prepared on the handing-in day when you will be asked to commit to a 3-hour stewarding session.
5) Failure to comply with the Exhibition Rules may result in rejecting the artwork(s). The Exhibition Rules are detailed on the Art Society website. A copy can be obtained from the Membership Secretary via the Contact / Membership webpage.
Labelling and hanging instructions.
Each artwork, whether in landscape or portrait format, must have picture screws or D rings ATTACHED TO AND POSITIONED 1/3 OF THE WAY DOWN THE FRAME, NOT THE BACKING BOARD, along with a robust hanging cord. This will ensure that the artwork is displayed correctly.
The following information must be on a LABEL ATTACHED TO A STRING LONG ENOUGH TO EXTEND BELOW THE PAINTING WHEN HUNG :
* Name and telephone number of the artist;
* Title of the artwork;
* Price or “Not for sale.”
Disclaimer - Every possible care will be taken of the artworks submitted, but Llanelli Art Society cannot hold itself responsible for damage to or loss of any artwork. Neither Llanelli Art Society nor the Library can take responsibility for any artwork left behind after the deadline of 12.00 noon on the specified Collection day.
Note - If you have some spare time on either day, your assistance with the exhibition's assembly and/or disassembly would be appreciated. Please get in touch with a member of the Committee.
Please contact Gaye Perks to request a printed copy of this form.
If you wish to enter then please press the button below.